Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stress? What Stress?

I am like anyone else - stress affects me. It makes me frustrated, cry, antsy and any other descriptive word you can think of - but what I have let it do to my health is not cool. Putting on 15+ pounds (no need to tell ALL my secrets), letting aches and pains go for months at a time, drinking too much coffee and just not being good to myself - all terrible things to do to my mind and body.

Well, here I am 37 - two EKGs, a physical, 2 blood tests, and a nuclear stress test later - my heart still hurts and now I am not allowed to train for the MS (or work out for that matter). This is the definition of letting yourself go. Now the question is - what am I going to do about it? Well, I am going to wait for the cardiologist to call me on Friday to tell me good news (staying positive is good) and then I am going to move forward - carving time out for myself along the way.

Everyone can tell you to relax, but the question I keep asking myself - is then who is doing the laundry or going to write that 1500 word paper or ..... and the list goes on. Like a wonderful friend said to me...it all works out - and it does. I have a great life, wonderful family and friends and a super place that I love to work at - that is what life is all about.

The little things....in the end, who really cares? Well, I will still care, but just try and let them not bother me so much...

If one person reads this and makes an appointment for a physical, then it was worth sharing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jennifer -

that sucks, I hope you're ok - we all think you're doing a great job, BTW -

Look after yourself, please.

Andy