Well, sent a message to my fellow teammates about commitments and it was hard to read that back to myself. With all I have going on in my work and personal life taking on the MS150 each year gets harder and harder. I asked my husband today (thanks babe) to remind me exactly why I do this each year.
Simple enough: I do this for those that are fighting the crappy disease we call Multiple Sclerosis. I ride for Doris V, Peggy S and Andy's lovely wife Susan. I ride for those that can not....and those that can.
While I want to give up the riding part to focus on volunteering, I just wonder how I would feel in my heart. I would still take care of my team, be there every step of the way, but really - I signed up to take this on and I owe it to those that would love to be in my shoes. Training has taken a backseat to family, work, school and just because I don't want to put my fat arse in some stupid spandex. Are those really good reasons? What am I saying to my daughter (who is wavering as well)? Am I saying - it is OK to quit when it gets hard?
What can I say, but I am going to try really hard and not let myself down. I am counting on me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are doing a great job Jen, I get a first hand glimpse of everything that you and your team do to pull this off and it's truly amazing!! I love you babe.
your commitment, energy and enthusiasm is an inspiration to us all, even over here in England. You are the flagship of the team and your absence would dampern all of our spirits. Fight your fears Jen you can do it. Check out my recent post it may help :(
philipshrimpton.blogspot.com
Post a Comment