Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What was I thinking?

Running the 1/2 marathon has always been a dream and on Saturday, January 18th that dream became a reality. Just a few highlights:
  • Don't shout at the lady encouraging the walkers - hey I am not a freaking walker!! (did that in my head, not out loud)
  • Maybe I should have trained more
  • Maybe I should have trained even more
  • Maybe, just maybe I should have trained WAY even more

Will I do this again, heck yes, BUT only if I train the proper way. Walking hurts so bad it brings tears to my eyes, bending makes me want to barf and just the thought of going up or even down stairs makes my head spin - literally.

What did I learn from this: I am so proud of myself and my husband for finishing - but I am not proud of how we got there. We will do this again, but the right way - training properly!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Well done Jennifer however you reached the end good on you :)

Unknown said...

Great job, skipper - now let's hit the saddle!

Andy

Paddy's Peleton said...

Great Job Jen, now let your own advice to yourself on the run "train More" be a roll over to your next event....cycling.

Paddy